Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Perhaps All Pleasure Is Only Relief.

I'm a little less unsettled today. I've found out that in actual fact I will be under general anaesthetic for my operation, which on discovery lifted a huge weight off my shoulders. This might sound strange to those people who know the risks surrounding that, but I just couldn't bear the thought of being able to see what they are doing to me, and hear them talking about it. It also means that my personal experience of the operation will be over with in minutes because I'll only see the hospital bed on the way in, and the same thing on the way out. They also reckon that I'll be in and out in a day.
I've also stopped looking into the proceedure because it's not helping.

In other news I saw the di vinci code today, but I am not going to say too much about it until I've read the book (which will be during my recovery), I will say more of what I think then. I will say though that I didn't think the film was that bad, in fact it was entertaining but then I don't know how it relates to the book. The reason I'm waiting is because book adaptations are one of my pet hates. I hate it when they are done badly, take for example The Tenant of Wildfell Hall, which is a particular favourite of mine that was absolutely ruined by a TV version. Although I have spoken to several people who really struggled with the book because of the way it's written, but I'll wait and see.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should give credit where credit is due. Burroughs said it first!

-Joshua Klein
http://www.thinkjoshua.com/

12:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home