Wednesday, December 06, 2006

So Here It Is Merry Christmas.....

Well, the festive season is upon us and I for one LOVE IT!

Yes, I've got the small worry that I have bought very few presents and have very little idea of what to get anybody, but this is far outweighed by the excitement of the advent calender opening everyday, and the putting up of decorations.

The house always looks so pretty with tinsel and the tree and so far this year (fingers crossed) the cat has not pulled it down. Maybe he remembers last year when he got caught up in the trimmings, was spooked and then fell down the stairs.

Anyway, I digress, I'm looking forward to seeing the parents and spending a bit of time not worrying about work or anything like that. I'm especially looking forward to Christmas dinner and the leftovers. I love the siege mentality that surrounds food at this time of year - the way we rush to the shops to stock up for the two days we won't be able to use a supermarket. I also love the masses of food and the sheer variety particularly the amount of party food, which I love with a passion. There is something so great about mini quiche, spring rolls, small cakes and nibbles!

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Me too. But don't tell my cynical friends that I said that.

11:02 pm  
Blogger G said...

you and I can be excited together then!

7:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home