Saturday, March 04, 2006

A Woman Has The Age She Deserves.

Last night I spent the best part of an hour trying to remember how old I was. I think we finally decided I was 27. At what stage does this happen to someone? I mean - one day you are desperately proud of being 10 and a half, or 18 or 21, then one day you wake up and can't remember. And then after this middle period of not knowing you suddenly hit your eighties and start telling people you are 83 and a third like it's something to be proud of.

This all came about because a member of my staff said I was old - she's 22 and thinks that anything above 25 is positively geriatric. The thing is I don't feel old, someone once told me that you tend to feel as old as the happiest times of your life, I think for me that must have been when I was 16 and thus I still feel like a 16 year old.

I've started to get back into the old house music clubbing scene and although the basics haven't changed I find myself amazed by how all these girls in their early twenties can dance for so long on such high heels. I know I did it, because I still have a much loved pair of shoes that have about a two and half inch heel that I wore to Gatecrasher and Sundissential on a regular basis. Don't get me wrong I love a nice pair of shoes as much as the next person (A will testify as to the bulging wardrobe full of shoes) but I now am at the stage whereby I'm erring on the side of comfort everytime. As a recommendation I recently spent £25 on these.

Christ, I just read that through - I AM OLD! I better go for a cup of cocoa and a lie down.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such pretty shoes!

12:20 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

I had some Rocket Dogs once. I think they were the trendiest shoes I've ever owned, but oddly they made my heels bleed so I had to give them to a charity shop. I must have stupid shaped feet.

Hmmm, how old do I feel? I like the idea of being 36, even though I'm chronologically 29. I think I'll be 36 for the next 20 years then jump ahead to 65.

2:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home